A rotating list things we’re loving or obsessing over or that we think are worth exploring right now: favorite tastes, stand-out dishes, good drinks, restaurants deserving a little love, new menus, anticipated openings, fun adventures.
1. Breakfast sandwiches and soup at Baba’s
We love the breakfast sandwiches (get the chorizo), and they made a ham and bean soup recently that’s already one of Nick’s favorite bites of the year.
2. Explorers Club brunch at Zauber Brewing
We can’t get enough of the jalapeno slaw they put on their tacos.
3. Maple cinnamon latte at Crimson Cup
Sweet but not too sweet. Perfect for the season.
4. Platform Beer Co.’s new taproom
Surprisingly huge taproom, long bar, selection of 25+ Platform beers. Loved the Baby Got Blanc double IPA especially.
5. Brunch at The Market Italian Village
They’ve been killing it on the Columbus Food Adventures breakfast tours lately. Chef Tyler Minnis, most recently of Angry Bear Kitchen (RIP), just joined their kitchen.
6. Thinking of Cravings Cafe‘s return
Every time they post a photo I get all excited for them to open up downtown. That breakfast roll on house brioche…
7. El Arepazo’s cilantro sauce
This could pretty much always stays on the list.
8. Szechuan cauliflower and xiao long bao at Helen’s
It’s closing soon. Go now.
9. Eventually trying Momo Ghar (along with all of Columbus, apparently)
Mrs. Bfast w/Nick is sick of me talking about this place, and we haven’t even been yet. Lately they’ve been mobbed (they were just voted #1 by Yelp) and have been selling out quickly.
10. Hoof Hearted cold brew nitro coffee in cans
It’s dangerously smooth.